Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure and its partners are laying the groundwork for significant medical advances by utilizing a results-focused model that incorporates public/private efforts and the rigorous engagement of researchers, industry and government.
- Fast-track grant award process (60 days), minimizing unnecessary paperwork and bureaucracy, with a major focus on translation research
- To date, Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure has awarded 58 research grants, totaling more than $5.2M
- ABC2 researchers have published over 75 articles and abstracts of their findings and made significant contributions to the field
Preclinical Screening Program at the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University
- Accelerates the transition of therapies into clinical studies for patients
- Network of four leading neuro-oncology centers and clinical investigators (UCSF, UCLA, Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University and M.D. Anderson)
- Conducted four significant investigator-initiated clinical studies to evaluate three new drug therapies in patients with glioblastoma multiforme (GMB)
Partnerships with Industry
- Preclinical screening for a multitude of potential new and combination therapies at a rapidly accelerated pace
- Helps absorb the cost and decrease time to market for effective therapies
- To date, more than 140 therapies have been tested - or are in line to be tested at no charge to drug sponsors.
- 17 trials have been initiated for brain tumor patients
- Focused on increasing strategic investments in brain cancer therapies and brining new hope to overlooked areas of medical research
- Formed a research collaboration with Genentech to accelerate understanding of tumor growth and suggest potential targets for novel therapies.
- Established a research collaboration with CombinatoRX to screen thousands of combinations of drugs previously untried as potential therapeutic agents against brain cancer.