ABC2 Award Application Guidelines
- Applications will be accepted and awarded annually. The Request For Application for the 2005 funding cycle will be posted in late February, 2005.
- ABC2 favors research applications focused on translational
and clinical programs that will benefit patients with advanced
brain cancer in the near term.
- Prior work in the area of cancer is not a prerequisite. Applications
will be accepted from for-profit and not-for-profit organizations,
unaffiliated individuals, and from individuals affiliated with
for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. ABC2 will
make no intellectual property rights claims.
- Applications should be in narrative form and can be no longer
than (5) five typewritten pages in length (excluding the
cover page). Additional supportive attachments are acceptable,
but they must be pertinent.
- Fill out the application form, which will serve as your cover sheet (for a sample of the application form, click on the link below to last year's form)
- Attach biographical sketches (NIH format or short form)
for all Investigators.
- Fill out additional cover sheet(s) for each Investigator.
- Please submit five (5) copies of your proposal and
- Include a summary budget for your proposal
- Funding is for one year only, and it is an "award."
Therefore, ABC2 funds cannot be applied to institutional overhead,
indirect costs or other organizational levies. Awardees are responsible
for making interim progress reports at 6 and 12 months.
- Incomplete proposals or proposals that exceed 5 pages (not
including attachments), will not be considered, and will be returned.
Please note that due to the streamlined competitive award process
we adhere to, ABC2 is unable to provide critiques or evaluations
to any applicant concerning their proposal(s). However, ABC2 reserves
the right to suggest improvements for meritorious applications
worthy of reapplication.
- Please note that we encourage interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Applications are mailed to:
Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure
800 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
ABC2 2004 Research Award Application